The conglomeration of complex national legislations, the tax authorities’ attitudes towards private clients and tax structuring, and the information sharing between institutions and organizations around the world synthesize a complex environment for High Net-worth Individuals (HNWI) to operate in.
For that, the protection, management and accumulation of personal wealth of HNWI and family businesses is an extremely complex task. It requires a team of highly skilled multidisciplinary advisors who, not only give practical national legal and fiscal guidance in estate planning, but also legal and fiscal guidance in cross-border residential and investment matters. It is also pivotal that these advisors understand and respect the individual and long-term vision of the family, and of the family business itself.
Our multidisciplinary private clients’ team provides practical advisory and tax compliance services to HNWI, their firms, investment funds and individuals involved in commercial transactions. The continuous professional training provided to our employees ensures that our staff is up to date with the most recent developments in the local and international tax legislation.
How we can help
At WTS Cyprus we provide pragmatic and comprehensive solutions with the aim to safeguard our clients’ long-term interests:
Assistance on change of tax jurisdiction
- Consulting on national residency, citizenship and non dom schemes
- Structural issues such as the use of trusts, foundations, testamentary solutions, holdings and family charters to carry out succession goals
- Tax issues and the available exemptions upon transfer of the family held businesses to the next generation during life or at death
- Maintenance of active and/or passive control over the family business within the multi-generational turmoil
- Tax planning of investments into and disposals of any assets domestic or international, be it corporate, real estate or liquid investments
- Preparation of tax returns at holding level, investments schemes, income arrangements;
- International tax law and the various forms of ‘look through’ taxation which may affect family members;